Hi Szymon,

On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 03:55:44PM +0100, Szymon Janc wrote:
> blesplit application doesn't build on this tag:
>
> Linking
> /home/janc/devel/mynewt/bin/targets/blesplit/app/apps/blesplit/blesplit.elf
> Error:
> /home/janc/devel/mynewt/bin/targets/blesplit/app/apps/blesplit/apps_blesplit.a(main.o):
> In function `main':
> /home/janc/devel/mynewt/repos/apache-mynewt-core/apps/blesplit/src/main.c:284:
> undefined reference to `g_dev_addr'

The blesplit app is only meant to be used as the second app in a split
image (yes, we should document this!).  The expectation is that bleprph
is used as the loader half.  For example, here is my blesplit-nrf52dk
target definition:

    targets/blesplit-nrf52dk
        app=apps/blesplit
        bsp=hw/bsp/nrf52dk
        build_profile=optimized
        loader=apps/bleprph

I don't have any hardware available at the moment, but I will try
running this on a board in a little bit to see if I have the same issue.
This worked for me when I tried it a week or two ago, so yeah, plenty of
time for a bug to creep in :).

Personally, I don't think it is a worthwhile goal to ensure blesplit,
splitty, and other split apps can run as standalone applications.  They
are intended only for split images, and adding extra code to enable them
to run standalone seems counter to their purpose.