Yup, unfortunately nothing for that.

Mac makes you code sign gdb when running sim. If you run on physical hardware, you don’t need to codesign the binary.

Sterling

On 9 Feb 2017, at 20:50, Denis Magda wrote:

Hi Marko,

cd $GOPATH/src/newt/mynewt.apache.org/newt
git checkout mynewt_1_0_0_b2_rc1_tag
cd newt
go build; go install

This did the trick, thanks!

However, I managed to run the demo only under the root user (sudo newt run my_blinky_sim). The other option was to codesign the gdb.

Otherwise, I got the exception below. Please update “Run the Project” section of the getting started guide putting a note regarding this possible issue.

Deniss-MBP:test dmagda$ newt run my_blinky_sim
[/Users/dmagda/dev/test/test/repos/apache-mynewt-core/hw/bsp/native/native_debug.sh /Users/dmagda/dev/test/test/repos/apache-mynewt-core/hw/bsp/native /Users/dmagda/dev/test/test/bin/targets/my_blinky_sim/app/apps/blinky/blinky] Debugging /Users/dmagda/dev/test/test/bin/targets/my_blinky_sim/app/apps/blinky/blinky.elf
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.12.1
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-apple-darwin16.3.0".
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from /Users/dmagda/dev/test/test/bin/targets/my_blinky_sim/app/apps/blinky/blinky.elf...Reading symbols from /Users/dmagda/dev/test/test/bin/targets/my_blinky_sim/app/apps/blinky/blinky.elf.dSYM/Contents/Resources/DWARF/blinky.elf...done.
done.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /Users/dmagda/dev/test/test/bin/targets/my_blinky_sim/app/apps/blinky/blinky.elf Unable to find Mach task port for process-id 35941: (os/kern) failure (0x5).
 (please check gdb is codesigned - see taskgated(8))
(gdb)

—
Denis