A single RM per-node. It seems the second RM to start is the one that
registers the Myriad-Alpha framework with Mesos. But both RM's are still
in standby state - when I activate one RM, then I get the error, but the
Mesos framework still show the other as the location of the framework.

It goes something like Š

Start rm1
Start rm2  -> rm2 registers the myriad framework

Both RM's are in standby
        rm1 standby
        rm2 standby

rm1 - to active - Get the errorŠ

yarn rmadmin -transitionToActive rm1
Operation failed: Error when transitioning to Active mode
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.AdminService.transitionToActi
ve(AdminService.java:304)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.ha.protocolPB.HAServiceProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.tra
nsitionToActive(HAServiceProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:107)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.ha.proto.HAServiceProtocolProtos$HAServiceProtocolService
$2.callBlockingMethod(HAServiceProtocolProtos.java:4460)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(Prot
obufRpcEngine.java:619)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2039)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2035)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.j
ava:1628)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:2033)
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.ha.ServiceFailedException: Failed to
initialize myriad
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.AdminService.refreshAll(Admin
Service.java:626)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.AdminService.transitionToActi
ve(AdminService.java:297)
        ... 10 more

--
Jonathan (Bill) Sparks