Yes, you'll have to recompile your scheduler/executor against the latest
libmesos.
In the upgrade guide, this is mentioned as "Upgrade the schedulers by
linking the latest native library / jar / egg (if necessary)."
The modules instructions apply to C++ plugins for the Mesos master/slaves
themselves.