Darrin,
Unfortunately it is not the property.
Though definitely passing property you are talking about would be useful - it
is not used right now by our AuxServices for local volume creation.
      From: Darin Johnson <dbjohnson1...@gmail.com>
 To: Dev <dev@myriad.incubator.apache.org>; yuliya Feldman
<yufeld...@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 12:51 PM
 Subject: Re: Struggling with Permissions

Yuliya: Are you referencing yarn.nodemanager.hostname or a mapr specific
option?

I'm working right now on passing a
-Dyarn.nodemanager.hostname=offer.getHostName().  Useful if you've got
extra ip's for a san or management network.

John: Yeah the permissions on the tarball are a pain to get right.  I'm
working on Docker Support and a build script for the tarball, which should
make things easier.  Also, to the point of using world writable directories
it's a little scary from the security side of things to allow executables
to run there, especially things running as privileged users.  Many distro's
of linux will mount /tmp noexec.

Darin

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 2:53 PM, yuliya Feldman <yufeld...@yahoo.com.invalid