Hi Khirano,

At 02:59 23-1-2005, you wrote:
(...)
PS: JFYI: I am collecting translations of "styles and formatting" in
various languages :)
See: http://openoffice.exblog.jp/

In various Dutch Microsoft products it is translated as "Stijlen en opmaak", "Opmaakprofielen..." and "Opmaakprofielen en opmaak".

The first translation is not suitable because in OOo, "Styles" is not translated as "Stijlen" but as "Opmaakprofielen" (btw, for the same reason "Stylist" is not very descriptive either). The second translation belongs to a menu item, not a dialog. The third translation contains an ugly and unnecessary repetition.

I have been pondering about more catchy alternatives. As the Dutch word "opmaak" also refers to make-up, i.e. the stuff that women use on their face to change how they look, in a similar way that you can use styles to change how your document looks, the Stylist could be called "opmaakset" (make-up kit).

Vriendelijke groet, Simon Brouwer.

>>> nl.openoffice.org <<<