Hi,

On 1/7/07, sophie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My question is : could we put a communication flow in place about those
security alerts, make this communication transparent and usefull for our
users and the press, and at the end show that we are concerned. Several
reactions on the French list have pointed a wrong decision to not
communicate about the security, where we simply took no decision at all.

Most projects/distributions have a security alert mailing list which
can be used along with a page on the Wiki to nullify the
sensationalist nature of the security alert news items. Perhaps we can
think along the same lines. Additionally, we start blogging on the
security alert and patch fix workflow (for current as well as older
versions) as well so that the transparency is not lost.

--
From Untruth, lead me to the Truth,
From Darkness, Lead me towards the Light,