Hi!

On 2007-08-13, at 06:34 , Wunna Ko Ko wrote:

Dear All,

We have started for development of Burmese locale for OOo.

Since I have learned that there is no one who initiated for Burmese, I
would like to initiate one. The following is some of the information
for Burmese Language.

1. ISO code: my
2. Language name : Burmese
3. Language Users : People mainly in Myanmar, Some in (Singapore,
Thai, United States)
4. Script info.:
4.1 Script name: Burmese/Myanmar
4,2 Writing direction: Left to right in horizontal lines.
4.3 Additional details: can also be found by visting
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmese_language
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmese_alphabet

If any additional information is needed, pls let me know.

Well, first of all, welcome :-)

Second, the NLC is primarily (now) a project that arranges project space for localization, etc. for locales. But the actual localization work is done in the l10n project. Discussions on localization take place on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

All that said, all that I further require is that you understand our licensing policies and agree to work with them when doing work here, and you indicate the level of your project. You can find out more about this sort of thing on http://native-lang.openoffice.org/

BTW, the NLC is not a regional language project; we focus on what people use to communicate not where they live. But that doesn't mean that part of your work can't be to foster local communities furthering OOo. Indeed, that's a recommendation :-).

Once you indicate you've read the document I pointed you to, please respond, and I'll set the project up.

With Best Regards,

--
Wunna Ko Ko

Ciao