Hi Charles, all
Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
Hello Louis,

Le 6 mars 08 à 19:05, Louis Suarez-Potts a écrit :

All,

Some interesting news.

Summary
========

* The license for code is changing from the early LGPL v 2.1 to 3.0 effective the Beta of OpenOffice.org 3.0. (The actual date of this beta has not been finalized.)

* The Joint Copyright Assignment form (JCA) is being replaced by the Sun Microsystems Inc. Contributor Agreement (SCA). This change is effective immediately with this announcement.

These are excellent news. I have two questions that may interest the members of this list:
- should we resubmit an SCA or the JCA with the addendum?

No, if you have signed the JCA, there is no need to sign the SCA, it's only for new commers.

- how does it affect our "local" documentation license (the Public Documentation License PDL)?

All what doesn't go in the binaries of OOo doesn't required to sign the SCA. Some contribution guidelines will be available to further defines what SCA will not precise enough. But that means also that you can submit extensions without signing the SCA.

Kind regards
Sophie