On 2009-05-30, at 04:18 , Charles-H. Schulz wrote:

I may have misunderstood but it should also be noted that AFAICT RG groups wiki should also belong to the NLC category, or am I being mistaken?

I think mistaken, as a lot of the regions will occupy more than one linguistic territory and to depend the RGs to the NLCs will end up confusing matters. I'd rather then initiate a new sector, "Regional Groups" which may be freely linked to or even on occasion duplicate the NLC extant efforts. I've grown less fearful of duplication--humans like inventing and then reinventing the wheel and that's the way it is--but do want to limit confusion.

Let's say I'm looking for an RG based in Delhi. The region is fairly local--a small city, Delhi boasts only >12M, a lentil compared to Mexico City's bean :-) --and nearly as many languages as there are gods: lots. I could find this RG easily enough by looking for Delhi under "India" but may not so easily if I look, say, under Hindi, etc.

But I'm not too deaf to reason. If you or anyone else, like Cornell, come up with a better ontology, I'm all ears. My forte is not informatics ontology, but it is, I am sure, someone else's.

Best
Louis