Hi,

On 2009-11-15, at 17:16 , Alexandro Colorado wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Louis Suarez-Potts <
> louis.suarez-po...@sun.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Louis, do you have a strategy on getting new developers on the project
> and can we know more about that?

There is no secret and it depends on the context, as I thought I had indicated
in the post. But, basically, it comes down to determining how interested and
engaged the region is (esp. those with resources) and if there exits the
apparatus (institutional, infrastructural, etc.). And, you'll note I wrote,
"contributors," too, meaning that I hold little hope for "developers" but a lot
for contributors even beyond localizers.

Again, context says a lot. And context here implies resources as well as
interest. Best successes are so far in China, where Redflag contributes, or
IBM's contributions, and even Novell's early on. "interest" means here market
interest. That said, there are always independents and students and the like,
and I try to appeal to them as much as possible, too, but they need resources
(money) just like the rest of us.

> --
> Alexandro Colorado
> OpenOffice.org Espa&ntilde;ol