Hello,

I thought it would be useful for our new members and less new members
to know that we use tools inside the OpenOffice.org project that help
drive the quality of their work and streamline the distribution of
OpenOffice.org in their language.

If you look at the http://l10n.openoffice.org page, you will see that
there are many links, some of them pointing to some tools we use.
Localization tools such as pootle are not mandatory (see the
localization process pages for more information) but we would really
like you to use the tool called TCM. What's TCM? It's a tool that
automates certain tests, and it's easy to use! It makes your work
easier and improves the quality of our builds.

Now let's take a quick look at the QA project (as in Quality
Assurance): http://qa.openoffice.org . As a localization maintainer or
as a native-language project lead *you have to test the quality of your
localized build* .
We have tools aside the TCM tests for this. One of them is Issue Zilla,
but what we work with is Quaste
(http://quaste.services.openoffice.org/) and it helps streamline
everyone's QA operations. Plus it's online so it is easily accessible
if you have broadband.

The other tool I would like to tell you about is the QATrack. What the
QATrack does in a few words is that it lists the status of all the
localized builds on each platform. Then it's easier for us to include
your localization in our mirrors, since we know about what you're
doing.  However, QAtrack does not work by itself. It requires *you* to
fill out the details and provide the right informations on a regular
basis. There is no wrong answer there, if you're not ready it's not
that bad, but the important thing is that the community developers and
users know about it.

Last but not least, please DO NOT FORGET TO PUT  A LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD
MIRROR of both BINARIES & SOURCES for your localized builds!

If you lack server space or have no server at all, please feel free to
contact me or the native-lang list for help.

Thank you,

Charles-H. Schulz.