All,

The election held earlier this month ended quite satisfactorily and we held our
first Council meeting with the newly elected members this last Thursday 26 Nov.
[0].  On behalf of everyone concerned in the process, I'd like to congratulate
all for the success of this first wave of elections. It was held according to
the provisions of the new Election Process [1], and despite a few confusing
mixups, went really very well.  Next week, we'll start the next cycle. But for
now....

The new members and the constituencies they will be representing are:

** Code Contributor Representative: Juergen Schmidt
51 Yes, 9 No (68)

** NLC Representative: Charles-H. Schulz
39 Yes, 3 No (111)

** Product Development Representative: Christoph Noack
31 Votes Christoph Noack
9 Votes Alexandro Colorado
(49)

The observers, Sophie Gautier, Drew Jensen, and Mechtilde Stehmann, have all
approved and confirmed the results. My thanks to them and to Stefan Taxhet, who
managed the voting apparatus that allowed us to vote.

Please join me in welcoming Juergen, Charles and Christoph! I have no doubt
they are all quite familiar to you, and I and everyone else on the Council,
hope that you will grow more familiar with them and the working of the Council.
The tenure of these new members is two years [2], so that gives us all time to
develop a good relationship.

And that relationship is really very important, as is knowing what the Council
is about. The Community Council is your Council; its strength and relevance lie
in the interest you take in it, and in the effort you put into it to make
reflect your interests and to understand the interests of the community. Take a
moment to look at the Council homepage [4] and constituting Charter [5] to see
what we can and cannot do. Suggest items to the (open) agenda [3]. Contact your
constituency representative about issues you find worth discussing.
OpenOffice.org is a huge and varied community. But it has mission and a
governing Council that gives that community voice. But only if you speak.

Cheers,

Louis

Community Manager

--