I'd like to propose we discuss an East Asian Regional Conference for this June.
The linguistic focus would be CJK but other linguistic regions are more than
welcome to participate. These could include, say, Vietnamese, Cambodian, etc.,
though in the end it may make more sense to hold separate events…. let's
discuss that, too.

Why June? Because the annual COPU event is to be held in Beijing end of June,
and it occurs to me that it would save us some grief--monetary, as well as
procedural and managerial--if we could piggy-back an OOo event on it. So, I
envision a day or two dedicated to issues specific to OOo/ODF, such as
localization, fonts, MSFT interoperability, and so on. These are pressing
issues, and identifying them as well as possible resolutions is of some
priority.

But there are other issues, too, such as accessibility. And then there are the
more social ones, such as sustaining the communities making up OOo in the
region(s).

Cheers
Louis