On 2010-10-14, at 18:11 , Lior Kaplan wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts <
> louis.suarez-po...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> All,
>> I have asked that Charles Schulz recuse himself from his role as lead of
>> the NLC category because of the confusion his new role outside of
>> OpenOffice.org would produce in the minds of contributors and users.  I have
>> not received an answer, so I must presume one, that he would act with good
>> grace and recognize the impossibility of his dual roles.
>>

> I think you're wrong on this, as many of us volunteer on more than one
> projects, and some might have conflicts, but that is the way community
> works. I do both Debian and Ubuntu work - and I just try to combine what's
> possible.
>
> Charles' use of this list to send a one time mail about LibreOffice was fine
> from my point of view, as any other mail about collaboration with open
> source projects.
>
> Oracle should be smarter on these issues and not making this an us vs. them
> situation...
>
> Kaplan

This is not an Oracle issue. Rather, it's a longstanding OpenOffice.org policy
not to permit the use of our resources for the advocacy of other projects or
interests. In the past, we have acted as I did now. The issue at stake is not
an us vs. them thing. It's rather, as I mentioned, an effort to ensure that
users and contributors are clear as to what they are working on and for. Given
the prominence of Charles in the matter, my action here is to be expected, as
he is a founding member, I believe, of LibreOffice and the Document Foundation.

-louis