All,
As many of you know, we are working hard and fast on OpenOffice.org 3.3. The
RC—RC4—is out. And it looks, as far as I can tell, quite good. This means that
the final release is Real Soon Now (RSN).

We, Peter and I, have started a press release on the private marketing list
pr@, which is open only to registered marketing project members. (That's quite
a lot, btw.) The MarCons—the marketing contacts around the world—are poised to
translate it and to issue it locally. And to promote it. I may have written
once that OOo has sold itself, but what I meant was that we—you—the
community—all of us—need to be engaged and acting together to "sell" and
promote it. A diamond in the rough is not valuable until it is polished and
finds itself reflected in the desiring eye's shine.

We, you, the community, make this diamond shine.

What we need from you then is to help us with getting the word out. They
synchronization is less important than ensuring the basic documents are there
and accurate.  What I'm working with is the features list of 3.3 [0], the old
press kit [1], the equally old case for OpenOffice.org [2]—and other material
you might want to suggest. For instance, if you have a personal story you want
to recount, especially from a business or education or enterprise perspective,
feel free to send it to this list! or if you want to work on a short case study
illustrating the Why and How of OOo—please! go ahead!

And if someone wants to help coordinate these activities—again, we need your
help. I'm asking :-)

Peter is nearly healed, and that is great, but we need more than just his hands
:-) We need yours.

Thanks
louis