Dear Apache NetBeans Community members,

I would like to request your thoughts/feedback on the following improvements
and the bug fixes for the NetBeans Hibernate plugin. I was one of the initial
author (some 10 years ago) of the plugin and since then many things have
changed and I think now it's time to update the plugin with your help :).

Improvements -

1. Port the current implementation to NetBeans 11
1.a. Remove the GPL code, jars and DTDs and make changes to the plugin to load
these from Maven repository.
1.b. Upgrade the plugin to support the latest Hibernate version.
2. Enhance the plugin to include new features such as Hibernate search
(http://hibernate.org/tools/ <http://hibernate.org/tools/>).
3. Bug fixes
3.a. Hibernate reverse engineering is not working and needs to be fixed.
3.b. HQL editor is buggy and needs performance improvements.
3.c. Hibernate mapping generator is buggy.

Apache NetBeans PMC and others in the group: please feel free to add your
feedback.
Based on the feedback, I would like to raise a JIRA ticket and request for
vote.

Thanks for your time!
Vadiraj.