I am repairing issues with the Java EE 8 maven archetype which will repair
issues:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2778

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2799

I have some testing to do with
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2800 As I am not quite sure why
this is not working with the provided web-app_4_0.xsd...I've made a couple of
tweaks here and hope they will repair the issue.

I will be looking into https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2810 As
well...it may be repaired by the changes I am making with the web-app_4_0.xsd.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2811 Is repaired by one of the
changes I've made to the Java EE 8 maven archetype.

I am not so sure that https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2776 Is an
issue.  I believe that Java EE 7 archetype was the same way and it did not
include the JPA 2.1 library.  I've changed the persistence.xml to use 2.2,
rather than 2.1...perhaps that will resolve this issue.

Thanks and hoping to submit a PR tomorrow morning.

Josh Juneau
juneau...@gmail.com
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com
https://www.apress.com/us/search?query=Juneau