Thanks Geertjan and Neil, I agree with your assessment.  Let's deliver 11.1
with the Java EE 8 support, as-is, and we'll continue to improve it for
future releases.  It is true that I now understand much more of the Java EE
support code in NetBeans...so making these enhancements for future releases
should be a bit easier.

Just as a side note, I appreciate the feedback on the initial Java EE 8
support, Geertjan.  These changes in the upcoming PR will repair the wizard
issues.  It is all due to the web.xml not being a recognized version at 4.0.

I'll +1 this release so we can move onward...thanks again.