Hi,

So, unfortunately a critical issue was picked up in NB 11.1-vc1, and
voting on that has had to be cancelled.  See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2824  Despite
downgrading to Critical because there is a (horrible) workaround,
there's no way we should release NB 11.1 with it in.

I'm now going to merge the fix for this issue, and a few other major
issue fixes that are now available, and do a beta4 build for testing.
Once that's ready, please test it to the max and report back (both all
OK or any other issues).  Assuming no further problems, I'll look to
do a second voting candidate and vote early next week.  All being
well, we should be in a position to release towards end of next week.

If you're wondering why beta4 and the difference between beta and vc -
I changed the naming, but not the process, from NB 11.0 so that only
builds that can be voted on for release are suffixed with -vc.  The
betas are much quicker to create because they are not signed and are
linked directly off of the build server rather than committed via svn
to Apache dist - but we can't vote on or release them in that state.

In an ideal world, we will only have one vote and -vc per release to
sanity check Apache release requirements, and all critical/blocking
functionality or policy issues will be picked up in a beta.  All being
well, NB 11.1 will be released off of the same git commit as beta4.

Thanks everyone for all your work on testing and fixing!

Volunteer Release Manager for Apache NetBeans 11.1