Dne 01. 08. 19 v 22:42 Geertjan Wielenga napsal(a):
What new features would you like? What can you provide, what would you like
to focus on?

I also use Netbeans not only for Java but also for C/C++. I have random problems with:

1) Extreme slowness – even moving the cursor in the source code is laggy (and I am talking about seconds, not milliseconds) or I am sometimes waiting 10 or more seconds until the popup with code-completion shows. It displays „Please wait…“ and it does not consume 100 % CPU, so it is probably waiting for some lock or something.

2) Broken code completion – I understand that code completion for language like C++ is not an easy task, but it seems, that lot of work has been done and the C++ support in Netbeans is pretty complete, better than in many other IDEs or editors – it is just buggy and sometimes stops working – sometimes Netbeans does not recognize a smart pointer (just one kind like std::shared_ptr while another smart pointers work at the same time) or other template and are unable to offer its methods in the popup, and sometimes it works (I mean the same code). Sometimes helps the „Clean C/C++ cache and restart IDE“ function and sometimes helps changing „__cplusplus“ macro (in Netbeans options) to some other and then back (it probably causes some refresh).

And sometimes it works (with same projects, same code) – i.e. the features are not missing, just buggy.

Besides fixing bugs, important is support of new C/C++ standards. Of course, there might be additional features, there is always something that could be added, but it is not necessary – if the basic (already implemented) features will reliably work and new standards will be supported, Netbeans would be a perfect IDE for C/C++.

I know that this is just vague lamenting – if I can help with debugging I would be happy to do so – please advise how to diagnose such random performance issues and random bugs in code completion.

Franta