Lars,

Is the plan to continue to keep the cleaner as a 32bit exe?

$ file cleaner.exe
cleaner.exe: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows

The nlw.exe executable was built as a 64bit exe, which used to be 32bit in
previous NetBeans releases. This would prevent using the NBI to create a
package that
runs on 32bit Windows (not that there should be any reason to be running a
32bit version of Windows in 2019).

$ file nlw.exe
nlw.exe: PE32+ executable (GUI) x86-64 (stripped to external PDB), for MS
Windows

This is actually what lead me down the path of embedding the JVM in the
installer since 64bit installer will not find a JRE if there is only a
32bit JVM installed on Windows.
It could be worked around by using the --javahome command line option, but
embedding it provides a better user experience.

--Christian