I believe ValidationAPI is part of the javacard cluster - or at least it
was developed there - so, that means without the javacard modules, there is
probably nothing that depends on it.

It is just a wrapper for this -
https://github.com/timboudreau/simplevalidation - originally on java.net, I
moved it to github since that.

And just a reminder:  "nobody maintaining" something that works is a
non-problem - software *can* actually be finished, if you carve problems
into small enough and well-defined enough chunks (and you and everyone
should).  Lack of maintenance might mean neglect, but it also might mean it
simply works.  But in this case it has probably not reached a state of
perfection yet, and it *is* maintained (if I had it to write again, a bunch
of it could be done much more cleanly taking advantage of lambdas).

-Tim

--
http://timboudreau.com