Dne 27. 09. 19 v 6:18 Geertjan Wielenga napsal(a):
Thoughts welcome and onward to a NetBeans manifesto.
I am working on Sane software manifesto <https://sane-software.globalcode.info/> (currently in a draft version). If you like these ideas, feel free to incorporate them into the Netbeans manifesto. However Sane software manifesto is a set of general guidelines focused on freedom, privacy and software quality and is not specific to any product.

Talking particularly about Netbeans:

 - I liked the motto: „The only IDE you need“ and I still have a t-shirt with this text :-) I use Netbeans for Java, C/C++ and often also as a plain text editor, because I appreciate the great version control support (Mercurial, Git, SVN).

 - I appreciate the simple and uncluttered GUI.

 - Also the Maven support is the best.

 - Comprehensive support of Java technologies: SE/ME/EE/Spring/OSGi and Java modules

What currently bothers me:

 - missing features not yet ported to the 11 (I know that it is not your fault) and unsafe installation of 8.2 modules to 11 (lot of security warnings, possible MITM)

 - sometimes performance issues and sometimes broken C/C++ code assistance

What could be improved:

 - better XML and WSDL support – current support is good, but it could be event better: e.g. refactoring (rename) elements, do not show only documentation (from XSD) for xs:element but also for the types while editing an XML, more code assistance in OSGi, Spring or Maven XMLs (like suggesting class names, methods or properties).

 - Guile/Scheme language support

 - Arduino project type and examples – lot of people play with hardware and this might attract new Netbeans users. There is some plugin or I sometimes just import existing Arduino Makefile project. But it would be nice to have it officially supported.

 - Build a lightweight editor based on the Netbeans platform (not IDE) with just basic features (syntax highlighting) and version control system support (highlighting of changed lines, annotate/blame and history browser are great and generally useful features).

 - Create/choose/customize some nice Swing Look and Feel. I use Nimbus – not perfect but still better than the default LaF.

 - There were modules for UML, BPMN(?). Are they lost? Also ArchiMate support would be nice.

Franta