Hi all,
it seems that a NetBeans 11.1 platform app running on Java 11 (oracle
jdk11.0.4) doesn't read annotations at package level properly. If I'm not
mistaken for whatever reason this is a really nasty bug.

Please have a look at this to reproduce:

https://github.com/borisheithecker/packagelevelannotationtest

If I run this small platform application with platform 11.1 and Java 11
selected, it fails (i.e. the package annotation is not found at runtime).
If I run it with NetBeans 8.2 and Java 8_162 the annotation is found as
expected.

I started porting a platform application yesterday which has been run on
8.2 so far and which makes heavy use of JAXB and Web Services. I spend the
whole day digging various sources on why the application fails to run on
Java 11 (with Metro JAX WS RI added as external library) until I found out
what seems to be the obvious reason now: it fails because JAXB can't
read @XmlSchema-annotations in package-info. Am I doing something wrong?

Boris