On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 at 10:59, Michal Hlavac <m...@hlavki.eu> wrote:
> I would like to ask how to build netbeans release? I have some patches which
> I would like to apply and then build released netbeans.
> I tried this:
> git checkout -b v11.2 tags/11.2
> git am some-netbeans.patch
> ant
>
> But that build is marked as dev, home dir is ~/.netbeans/dev and also splash
> screen is dev based.
> Then I tried:
> git checkout -b v11.2 origin/release112
> but home directory is ~/.netbeans/11.2-dev

Yes, that's the intended behaviour.  If you download the sources for
11.2 you'll notice an extra file in nbbuild called gitinfo.properties.
Version info is tied to this information - git branch and hash.

If you really want to use the git checkout rather than the official
source release, you can fake it by passing this info to ant.

First run

ant bootstrap -Dmetabuild.branch=release112
-Dmetabuild.hash=d04fb24027334c4b6fd8397b5d0cdd33187a8f54

and check the output shows you the expected version you want!

then run

ant build -Dmetabuild.branch=release112
-Dmetabuild.hash=d04fb24027334c4b6fd8397b5d0cdd33187a8f54