Hi Laszlo,
  With regard to the editor scheme going well with the FlatLaf look and
feel I would suggest contacting Fagner Granella who contributed an IntelliJ
Darcula based editor scheme to NB Darcula:
https://github.com/granella/Netbeans-Darcula-Theme

There is no license specified in that repository thus I think it would be
best trying to contact the author.

The editor scheme could also be “ported over” from NB Darcula itself.

Do not forget that also FlatLaf has some missing pieces and could be great
to foster collaboration between the two projects. See for example some
issues here:
https://github.com/JFormDesigner/FlatLaf/issues).

Regards,
Alex