I didn't mean to involve you too much with this, just curious if my
patch made sense. I certainly don't want to split the efforts under
NetBeans.

It would be great if there was a single flag in the canonical build
that would include nb-javac but it doesn't seem obvious to me how...
Especially considering the current nb/updatecenters/extra config.

But, as you can see, if I can just patch things then the change is
quite small. Which seems not a whole lot of work for me in the future
to maintain.

I recently asked if Apache is fine with me producing a NetBeans
installer that is only the NetBeans release + a bundled JDK. The PMC
Chair reply was that Apache most certainly does *not* allow such a
thing and that the project would have to be rebranded. So, for this
reason alone a distribution is still needed.

--emi