On Thu, 7 Nov 2019 at 13:47, Neil C Smith <neilcsm...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Nov 2019, 13:33 Eric Barboni, <sk...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>    Can we shift by a month the schedule of xx.3 eventually whiteout messing
>> quarterly release ? Allowing maybe more volunteers (me for example :D )
>

> Given problems with 11.2 related to late testing with latest JDK, I think
> there's a conversation to be had about shifting the whole schedule back a
> month anyway.
>
> If only 11.3 is a month late, that means no development *at all* before 12.0
> freeze!

Bumping this!

AFAIK we don't have a release manager for 11.3 yet?  Doing updates I
realised that there is still some documentation to update, and would
be good to talk through some of this with next RM.  I'm going to be
really busy for most of December, and quite a few things changed
during 11.2 (although Eric should be up to speed on most of them! ;-)
)

I am also still of the opinion above that we should shift the whole
release schedule back a month, for reasons including Eric's above.
What are thoughts on that?

Would it help in getting C/C++ support in too?  Or is that waiting for 12.1?