Glad to see someone interested in this feature.
A long time ago I came across a blog post[1] by Andrej Karpathy (AI guru) in
which a neural network was trained on variety of text datasets and then used as
a content generator. When trained on Linux and Apache source code, the
generator could reproduce pseudo code, that was not valid code, but was very
well formatted. It was quite cool to see the network had learned several
things, indentation being one of them. Do check out the Source Code section of
the blog to know what I am talking about.

The most straightforward way I see to do this is some frequency model of a
predefined set of indentation rules.
But if anyone is interested to create a small fast neural network with limited
features, it would be great to see the possibilities.

+1 for this.

Regards
Siddhesh

[1] http://karpathy.github.io/2015/05/21/rnn-effectiveness/