From: Jaroslav Tulach <jaroslav.tul...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 4:31 AM
To: dev <dev@netbeans.apache.org>
Subject: Re: NetBeans Logo on the Welcome Screen

Splash screen is loaded too early to benefit from the SVG support provided by
modules. The module system gets initialized way later when the splash is
already visible. Moreover the splash screen can also be displayed by JDK itself
and I doubt there is any support for SVG in the JDK's AWT splash implementation.

Possibly you could have a PNG and SVG version and re-render the splash.png from
SVG on first start when it gets copied into caches.

-jt

PS: There used to be a time when the installers executed headless copy of
NetBeans behind the scene to generate caches. In such situation even the first
start would have properly scaled splash.png...