Working on 11.3b1, probably not an issue.

The "unpacking..." was taking a long time. The system's physical memory was maxed (win7 with 16 gig ram). So I decided to restart NB and a few other things. The system is now at half after restarting things. I expected the indexing to continue when NB restarted, but saw no such indication. NB went down clean (I did confirm yes-stop a few times).

I did the "Index Now" in options>java>maven>index and it finished relatively quickly. Is that it? I don't recall seeing the "unpacking index for central repository" message.

Anything else needed to finish/complete?

-ernie

BTW, I didn't see much online about how to speed up the process... Some faint hopes of parallelization...