On Fri, 7 Feb 2020, 00:31 Eric Barboni, <sk...@apache.org> wrote:

> As per 11.2 new json stuff we can name what we want even netcat-beta1 (we
> put a name to a git hash and the brave (very brave) Jenkins build it
> branded ) to be clear to NetCAT tribe member.

Yes, that might be good. My complaint was only about use of term voting
candidate for things that aren't being voted on. :-)

If I understand correctly according to RELEASE schedule,  just after 11.3
> (in march) we will  create branch release120, and have the merge windows to
> close faster than for other quarterly release.

This is correct, and why I said we'd have to shift everything back a month
if we did with 11.3.

Shift is good anyway, gives us more testing time with new JDKs.

If "mysuperdonation/feature" (because of legal stuff, code review ...)  is
> ready just after 11.3 do we accept it to 12.0 LTS ? or do we postpone to
> next feature 12.1 ? Same question if "mysuperdonation/feature" ready during
> NetCAT in progress?

Generally I'd say the bigger it is the more likely it should wait for 12.1.
That was how it was written, anyway. We've definitely already said C/C++
won't be in it, but I guess other things we decide case by case?

The schedule was written to give us 9 months a year concentrated on new
features, and 3 months on making them perfect. :-)