Old tutorials mention extensions as e.g. .abc .ABC instead of abc ABC!
Newer tutorials like this one
<https://platform.netbeans.org/tutorials/nbm-filetype.html> are correct. :)

When you create Additional Multiview Windows as described in the above
tutorial, how do you display the *Source* editor pane in the second
MultiView element like the *Source* tab does?

More precisely, AbcVisualElement displays the Source view. AbcVisualPanel
displays the Visual view. AbcVisualElement2 displays nothing. It could e.g.
display a JSplitPane displaying both the source and visual views at the
same time, but how do you make it display the same view on the left side of
the JSplitPane that the Source view displays? As well as the toolbar, the
same actions etc.?

AbcVisualElement2.getVisualRepresentation() returns this. Shouldn't it
return a panel (with a split pane)? But then you need to pass it a
reference to the JEditorPane of the Source view or something. But how do
you get access to this JEditorPane (aJTextComponent)?

public JComponent getVisualRepresentation() {
    return new AbcSourceVisualPanel(aJTextComponent); // what do I pass here?
}

Trying ViewerDataObject.createEditor(lookup); that returns a
MultiViewEditorElement from which one can call getEditorPane() returns null.

SideBars as described by Geertjan here
<https://blogs.oracle.com/geertjan/orgnetbeanseditorsidebarfactory-part-1>
and here
<https://blogs.oracle.com/geertjan/orgnetbeanseditorsidebarfactory-part-2>do
provide a

JComponent createSideBar(JTextComponent editor)

to do the job where JTextComponent is provided by the platform.
Unfortunately, SideBars don't offer a splitter that the user can drag to
change the sides of the two views.

If not clear I could provide a more concrete example.

Thank you in advance.

John.