FWIW, for an API, I think it would be good to avoid having LSP4J classes in
the API. So that we can replace the library that handles the communication
if we need/want without breaking clients.

Also, I wonder why the server needs a command to start working - should not
be that done automatically? (Does it really require all LSP clients to be
modified to send it a command? Seems to be against the purpose of the
protocol.)

Anyway - having a way to run a (registered) command would sound great to me!

Jan