Yes, I have experienced this. Can’t think of a particular scenario where it
occurs but the work around is as you say to copy to another application and
re-copy to NetBeans.

> On 4 Feb 2021, at 03:29, Scott Palmer <swpal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Has anyone else noticed that sometimes NetBeans refuses to paste text from
> the system clipboard and instead pastes the last thing copied from within
> NetBeans?
>
> It seems to be stuck like that until I copy something different within
> NetBeans.  In this last case after I copied the path to the user dir from the
> about dialog, pasted it in explorer.exe (and accidentally also a NetBeans
> editor).  I then I went back and copied the original value that wouldn’t
> paste into NetBeans (but did paste into VSCode) and it started working again.
>
> I was copying plain text, no formatting, colours, or anything like that.  I
> can’t figure out what triggers it, as most of the time it doesn’t happen.
> It’s just very frustrating when it does happen.
>
> Just happened again.. copying some code from StackOverflow and I try to past
> into NetBeans but instead it pastes some old thing I copied when in NetBeans.
>  Pasting into other apps give the correct text.  I even pasted into notepad
> and copied it out of notepad to ensure it was plain text, still NetBeans
> pastes the old data.
>
> Copying something in the NetBeans editor doesn’t fix it. Pasting in NetBesns
> will paste that new content from NB, but when I copy the text from an
> external app NB still pastes what it last copied from within the NB editor
> instead.  Then I open the NB About dialog and copy something from that. Paste
> it, then copy from the external app... now it works.
>
> It also seems that what is copied from within NetBeans doesn’t make it to the
> system clipboard as I can’t copy from a NetBeans editor and paste into
> another app.  Copying from non-editor sources in NB works for pasting in
> other apps.
>
> I didn’t find anything in JIRA that looks like this issue, which surprised me
> as this isn’t the first time I’ve encountered it. (Sorry for no bug report
> those other times .. just can’t figure out how to trigger it)
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from
Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information
contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or
non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws.
Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the
addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the
delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas
City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024. Cerner Limited, Registered in
England no 2519305, Registered Office 37 North Wharf Road, London W2 1AF.