> I'd prefer the tests to be fixed, but if noone steps up, I'm inclinded
> to deactive them, as they are basicly ignored anyway and thus useless
> noice.

+1 to deactivate. Having a gate test that is failing with such a rate hurts
the purpose of having tests in the gate at all.

> This needs attention from people with knowledge in the affected
> modules. It would be great if you could have a look.

There was some attempt to fix/disable the failing tests about six months ago.
However it looks like the problem wasn't in particular tests, but rather in
randomly failing test infrastructure.

I guess these tests can move to some http://builds.apache.org jobs and be
stabilized there. If they get fixed, they may return back to the gate.
-jt