The C++ grammar file in that branch [1] is an older one from NetBeans, with a license that seems to be compatible with Apache 2.0, but does not support C++ 17.

The C++ grammar file in NetBeans 8.2 does indeed support C++ 17, but it has a license that I think we cannot import into Apache NetBeans (GPL+CPE / CDDL).

Note there're lots of things to do in that branch about licensing, I'm afraid (validating licenses / adding notice files / passing rat report).

Hope this clarifies,
Antonio

[1]
https://github.com/vieiro/netbeans/commit/892c0a8b24c859899a706578f4994a5aaa35c086#diff-e896dca470de13b324986b8c070719626ebcb42a9150a01c3ef45d09737029ba