One of the first things I do when installing NetBeans is to disable the spellchecker. So I installed 12.4 beta 1, disabled the spellchecker, let NetBeans restart... and the spellchecker was still active!

After a couple of tries to verify that I hadn't misclicked, I uninstalled the spellchecker plugin, and then the beta would no longer start:

org.netbeans.InvalidException: StandardModule:org.netbeans.modules.spellchecker jarFile: /mnt/common/netbeans-dev/netbeans/ide/modules/org-netbeans-modules-spellchecker.jar: Layer not found: org/netbeans/modules/spellchecker/resources/layer.xml

Can anyone else confirm this?

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)