This type of removal is similar to this parent ticket [1] I raised about
deprecated/to be remove APIs, at the time as of Java 11/15 timeframe, and the
linked tickets for specific APIs impacted, with this being in 17 [2] timeframe
sounds like more of them

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5349
2.
https://download.java.net/java/early_access/jdk17/docs/api/deprecated-list.html