On 8/16/21 9:07 AM, Martin Balin wrote:
1. Any changes done in NetBeans for LSP and VSCode are not done at the cost of “core” NetBeans features. They build on it.
2. Having NetBeans Language Server enables NetBeans for other
scenarios in the future like running in some distributed  client
server architecture like browser java ide. Basically similar to what
Eclipse JDT Language Server does.
3. More NetBeans usage, more contributions, more users….

Hope this helps to explain it.

Yes, thanks Martin. I feel better now. When I see all those VSCode PRs, I always worry that NetBeans' future might be just as an organ donor to other IDEs... thoughts of Dr Frankenstein come to mind.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)