Hi All,

When I create a Java with Maven Project and try to run simple code like this:

Scanner sc = new Scanner(System.in, "UTF-8");
System.out.println("Enter text: ");
String text = sc.nextLine();
System.out.println("You have entered: " + text);

If I enter anything containing letters like ščřžýáíé (from the czech language), the output in the output window would be broken, the special letters replaced with characters like �.

The exactly same code works perfectly in the same Netbeans installation, just using the project Java with Ant.

Also if I  run the project in terminal outside Netbeans, using the command from the output window, it works correctly.

I tried this on Manjaro Linux and Windows 10, with Netbeans 12.5 12.4 12.3, with the same result.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks

PS: I created an issue in Netbeans Jira about it a while ago:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-6115