Hallo all again.

I have created separate wiki pages in Confluence per programming language
support. This should contain more info about the status of existing
plugins, TODOs, requirements etc. Please feel free to update them for the
plugin(s) you wish to contribute.

Regarding this page
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Adding+New+Language+Support>,
my idea is to make it a generic easy how-to for every beginner who wishes
to add a new language plugin, or contribute to an existing one, to be able
to follow the steps and do it. We may also split it to different
technologies, i.e. How-Tos for LSP, ANTLR etc. I leave it to those who know
more than me to decide. Please contribute to this page; it will help to
find volunteers to help us, but also, if we have a common
structure/methodology to develop the plugins, we can contribute to more
plugins since the steps would be common.  We may, of course, deviate in
some plugins, but these would be the general steps. So, when you develop
your plugin, please spend some time to contribute to this page; it will pay
off in the future.

@Eric: you have done excellent work in adding a lot of comments with
resources etc. to this page. May I ask you to move your comments to the
main content instead and give the wiki page more shape? Thank you in
advance.

As a nice to have, would be to have a space in apache netbeans github to
add these plugins (maybe under contrib) instead of our own github space. I
haven't checked this page
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Experiment%3A+split+the+main+NetBeans+repository>
that Eric provided yet, but it could be the solution.

As an aside, I tried to work on plugins that I thought would be easy to
integrate and have a quick announcement (hey, NB now support XXX language),
but it was not that simple:

   - Kotlin plugin requires to build the kotlin part (I don't speak Kotlin
   yet)
   - Rust & Scala plugins need to be rewritten, unfortunately
   -

 Maybe I take a quick look at Ruby plugin, too, and be luckier there. :)

Thank you all.

Kind regards,

John.