ne 6. 3. 2022 v 17:02 odesĂ­latel Michael Bien <mbie...@gmail.com> napsal:

> On 06.03.22 16:06, Jaroslav Tulach wrote:
> >> But as you pointed out some modules which are used by the language
> >> server have to be kept compatible with 8 unfortunately, which causes a
> >> lot of ongoing issues but it is what it is.
> > Can I get pointer to the list of "lot of ongoing issues", please? Thank
> you.
>
> I don't know of any readily available list, but there is a lot of energy
> spent to maintain compatibility with JDK 8.

Please assemble that list. I will be more easier to get convinced once I
see the real issues.

> But to pick a concrete (while random) example: lucene 9.x only supports
> JDK11+, the maven indexer modules are stuck with 5.x, updating it to 8.x
> might require manually patching a certain bugfix form 9.x to 8.x since
> there are no new releases planned for 8.x.

The last release of 8 is from December:
https://lucene.apache.org/core/corenews.html#apache-lucenetm-8111-available
- I am sure critical bugfixes will be backported.

> That is what i mean by ongoing issues. In other words: extra work caused
> by technical dept.

Technical dept!? Technical dept is that NetBeans tests are flaky and
failing. Not addressing the unreliability of the tests is the problem. That
has nothing to do with discussion about JDK version!
-jt