On Fri, 3 Jun 2022, 13:59 antonio, <anto...@vieiro.net> wrote:

> The "BOM" (Bill of Materials) is a <pom> packaging that "defines the
> versions of all the artifacts that will be created in the library. ...
>
> So basically this will be a pom.xml with <packaging>pom</packaging> that
> list all other module dependencies.
>
> I don't think it's of any use if you want to build NetBeans Platform
> based apps, as we already have a sound Maven based solution.

Actually there was a brief discussion a while ago about whether we could
use a BOM with clusters, etc. so that we could publish modules using their
spec version. That way we might push updates for individual modules without
needing to republish a whole release.

Incidentally, +1 on the original proposal, and should probably have
followed up on another thread ...