Hello Netbeans developers!

A few months ago, I voiced my interest in producing some swag designs for Apache Netbeans (https://lists.apache.org/thread/s6ywcjf5jpjf7xg6onmys4gfdf0d714j).

First, the news: I worked with Mark Thomas from the ASF to setup a design sharing repository with the proper copyright notices so that it was clear that any design I would produce would be compliant with the ASF copyright rules regarding branding and logos.

As for the design themselves, this is where I will need help from the Netbeans' PMC: any design that incorporates or alters in some way the Netbeans branding _must_ be approved by the PMC. In short, I can't just go ahead and publish designs without you folks approving them (which makes a lot if sense!).

As such, if there are some PMC members here that would like to take part in the design process (with the perk of seeing the designs before anyone else!), I would greatly appreciate it - this way we can move this little project forward!

It's super easy - if you're interested, reply to this thread - I'll then validate using https://projects.apache.org that you are part of the PMC to give you access to the designs repository and you can then take a look at it! It's still private for the moment while the designs are being approved.

There are a only a couple of designs for the moments, we can work to get them approved (or rejected, it's your choice!) over say, a month or two, after which we can release them publicly and get the ball rolling to get the swag on the ASF storefront!

What do you think? Sounds like a plan?
--
Pyro MX