On 30.11.22 16:08, Neil C Smith wrote:
On Wed, 30 Nov 2022 at 15:02, Jean-Marc Borer <jmbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok, so does it mean, that I have to check Github history to find out what
is in a upcoming release  (16 for example)?
Short answer, yes - eg. link on all release candidate emails
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pulls?q=is%3Amerged+milestone%3ANB16

Longer answer, there is some work going on to better categorize all
this - eg. https://github.com/apache/netbeans/releases  The draft one
particularly, but that's private.

I updated the release notes for 16:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/releases/tag/16

(if there is something wrong with the updated notes any PMC can simply re-generate them with the default)

doing this retroactively is not as easy as it sounds since the generator uses the template file from master at the time of the release and there was no such file at that time in the repo.

Cheating and doing a force push on a private clone won't work either since it has no access to the PRs.

So i wrote a rudimentary tool which does some boolean algebra on draft release notes generated from HEAD backwards. Seems to work ok.

For older releases we would have to manually label a lot of PRs first (I fixed it for 16), since we only started labeling PRs consistently when CI started to require that.

-mbien