Hi.

OK, I'm working on fixing the problem we discovered during 16-u1 with
various NBMs getting an incorrect implementation version that differs
from the main build.  There are just over 90 of them.

To see what I mean, take a look at
https://netbeans-vm1.apache.org/uc/16/updates.xml

Search for "Netbeans/netbeans-TLP/netbeans/release160-11-on-20221119"
- each of those should be (like most of the rest, and in the main
release) - "16-321935444b183aea1c4ff255d8d2ab8d50c60606"

I have put in a PR that hopefully patches the version issue by making
sure the buildnumber is passed into the sub-ant task that builds the
NBMs.

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/5262

But the underlying cause is that those 90+ modules seem to be
recompiled at that stage.  This is something to do with the classpath
in the uptodate check.   However, what I can't work out, is what all
those modules have in common, if anything, that is triggering the
rebuild.

It would be good to not rebuild those modules if not necessary.  It
would be really good to know that this isn't causing the main release
and NBM modules to be different in some way!

Issue also open at https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/5253

Thanks,