On Fri, 10 Feb 2023 at 11:05, Edwin F. <edwinflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I was thinking in pom artifacts with the required dependencies for
> independent modules and nothing more, like
>
>    - modules-core
>    - modules-db
>    - modules-editor
>    - etc.
>
> Just like the cluster pom:

Yes, Eric and I had a conversation ages ago about the possibility of
replacing or augmenting the cluster poms with a bill of materials.  I
started looking at the process for generating, but other things, etc.
etc. took priority and I never did get around to it.

> And I was also thinking that maybe, the wizard for creating a netbeans
> platform app using a maven/graddle build, could add a panel to let the dev
> chose or enable IDE's modules as well,

Is the Ant configuration panel similar to what you have in mind?

On Fri, 10 Feb 2023 at 02:25, Michael Bien <mbie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The danger is that the next request will be profiles like netbeans-lite :)

Is that a danger?!  I thought that was the point of a modular framework! :-)