sounds good to me.

regarding the gradle custom dist selection:

One argument for keeping it would be to have parity to maven which is still fairly similar in setup, it has daemons, wrappers etc. The UI has a dist selector too - I use that one sometimes. But I do also agree that it is more common in gradle projects to use wrappers, while in maven land it is still often expected that it is installed on your machine like in old times.

if it isn't too difficult to maintain I would consider keeping that option.

also if you are planning to move elements around in the gradle options, it would be worth thinking about trying to mirror it in the maven options so that the UX is somewhat similar.

best regards,
michael